Real Estate Buyer Sales AgentJEFF MCINTYRE GROUP @ EXP REALTY SHIAWASSEE COUNTY & Surrounding areas, MI USAPPLY FOR THIS JOBJeff McIntyre Group @ eXp RealtyWe’re searching
Prepare For Severe Weather
Find out what you can do before severe weather strikes. Preparation is key to staying safe and minimizing impacts.
- Be Weather-Ready: Check the forecast regularly to see if you're at risk for severe weather. Listen to local news or a NOAA Weather Radio to stay informed about severe thunderstorm watches and warnings. Check the Weather-Ready Nation for tips.
- Sign Up for Notifications: Know how your community sends warning. Some communities have outdoor sirens. Others depend on media and smart phones to alert residents to severe storms.
- Create a Communications Plan: Have a family plan that includes an emergency meeting place and related information. Pick a safe room in your home such as a basement, storm cellar or an interior room on the lowest floor with no windows. Get more ideas for a plan at: https://www.ready.gov/make-a-plan
- Practice Your Plan: Conduct a family severe thunderstorm drill regularly so everyone knows what to do if a damaging wind or large hail is approaching. Make sure all members of your family know to go there when severe thunderstorm warnings are issued. Don't forget pets if time allows.
- Prepare Your Home: Keep trees and branches trimmed near your house. If you have time before severe weather hits, secure loose objects, close windows and doors, and move any valuable objects inside or under a sturdy structure.
- Help Your Neighbor: Encourage your loved ones to prepare for severe thunderstorms. Take CPR training so you can help if someone is hurt during severe weather.
For nearly 16 years Jeff has served the Greater Shiawassee Area through his real estate business and volunteering his time. Recently Jeff acquired his broker's license and along with his wife Missy,....
Latest Blog Posts
The Curwood Festival is full of great traditions and events. The Duck Race at the Main Street Bridge is one such event. At Main Street Bridge on August 2nd at 3pm is where you can watch the ducks
Shoreline Lake Condominium Association Properties for Sale: Lot 38 Lot 38 at Shoreline Lake Condominium Association offers everything you would want out of a seasonal lake property. Let's start with